Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Well our break is coming to an end. I've enjoyed these past two weeks getting snuggles with my boys and spending the holidays with friends and family! Here are my fellas just a few days before Christmas! 


I'm most certainly ready to get back in our classroom and hear about all the exciting things our 24 friends have done over break. 

I've been busy planning some fun new things for when we return. We will have new reading groups, and our spelling is going to look a little different also. I am posting our spelling words below and these words will be the SAME FOR TWO WEEKS. These words are directly aligned with the skill they are working on in reading and I want to be SURE they understand the skill, and master it. Therefore, we will focus on them for TWO  weeks. The spelling test for these words will be January 17th. They should still do homework each night, and they will receive new January spelling choice menus when we return this week. The words with stars are bonus words. Good luck!



We will also begin our study of weather this month. It should be interesting, as weather should be a hot topic this month with all the exciting forecast coming our way! 

We will also MAP test again near the end of this month. This will tell us how much they have grown since they took the test in the Fall. I can't wait to see how their scores improve. 

Please be aware this week is going to be FRIGID!!! If your little one waits for the bus, PLEASE ensure they are bundled up head to toe!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing all my babies tomorrow. It always seems first graders have a growth spurt over these short 2 weeks of Winter break. I can't wait for hugs and smiles tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment